In 1848, just 23 years old, Louis Brandt opened a watch factory in La Chaux-de-Fonds (Canton of Neuchâtel) around 1880. After the founder's death, his sons moved production to Biel and started the industrial production of watches. As early as 1889, Omega was the largest Swiss watchmaking company with a production volume of 100,000.
In 1894 a pocket watch called Omega was made in series, which shines through simple construction and interchangeability of the parts - Ω stands metaphorically for "perfection".
Since 1903, after the death of the Brandt brothers, the fortunes of the company have been guided by their descendants. In subsequent years, Omega earned an excellent reputation with sports, aviator or professional diver watches. In 1917, the British Air Force chose Omega as its official supplier; the American army retreated in 1918. Already in 1919, Omega Chronometers won the Accuracy Competition of the Neuchatel Observatory. In 1925, the collaboration began with Tissot, Le Locle and in 1930 together they founded the SSIH Group (Société Suisse pour l'Industrie Horlogère), under whose roof in 1932 the company Lemania was added.
In 1957, the production of the legendary Omega Speedmaster began, after intense testing Nasa chose the watch as the official timepiece.
Many more well-known models have been created by Omega, such as the Cosmic full calendar, the exact Constellation, the extremely waterproof Seamaster model or the well-known 3-hand Cal movement. 30T2 which was also produced as a chronometer under the name 30T2 RG